Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Flight from Presque Isle to the Old Loring Air force Base and Back


Here is a recent note from MPA member Gary L:

Hi Everyone, Three other Powered Parachute flyers and my self just got back from a flight to the old Loring Air Force base. Now the Loring Commerce Center. The flight weather was perfect. I'm glad I took a sweat shirt though. The air was just a bit cooler this morning. But nice.

There is a weekend hot rod speed run that a national club is putting on at the hugely Loring runway. Some of the motorcycles and cars are going 200mph and closer to 300mph. These pictures are from this morning before the crowd starts pouring in. I'll attach a few pictures of the runway from the air.

My powered parachute is running really well with about 400 hours on it. I flew for 2 hours straight this morning and used only 5 gallons of gas. I went about 65 - 70 miles averaging about 33 mph in a round about round trip. My PPC always has been good on fuel anyway. so conceivably I could go 4 hours on my 10.5 gallon gas tank of fuel. Hope everyone has a good weekend and think calm skies, Gary


No comments:

Maine Powerchute Association's Fan Box